thank you for showing interest in gunters! we admit that our community is going to be a wild ride, but we also promise that we don't want to take ourselves too seriously. instead, we want to provide a friendly environment where people feel welcomed while having fun and being incredibly creative! to get started, it is our belief that everyone understands the basic rules of roleplay by now: please be mature, exercise general common sense, and mind the ic/ooc line so that it does not become blurred. of course if you see something and need help in any way, please do not hesitate to come to us. we promise to do the best we can to appease the situation and answer any questions as soon as we are able! a deleted application means you were rejected. we do excercise the right to refuse and deny inquiries about why an application was rejected.
players will be allowed to create characters based on protagonists, antagonists, and/or even sidekicks from the world of video games! whether it’s an old game or new game, a classic or more popular game, console games or simply a game on the pc – you will essentially establish an alternate version of that said character and what their lives are like now without their powers. are they living comfortably or uncomfortably in maui? will their names and personalities be any different? think of it as them being rewarded a second chance. it will ultimately be up to each writer what they choose to recycle and discard about their canon character, but regardless, their true selves will always remain just beneath the surface.
there will be weekly plot points that our members can tackle and write about as a means to foster interaction and scenes. We strive to bring a friendly and active community that allows character development and focuses solely on writing and random interactions!
for any additional questions or even feedback and suggestions, please let us know here. also, please check this out for more information on the plotline.
• all writers are allowed 6 characters max; 3 females and 3 males to balance the gender ratio.
• challenges will not be available, sorry! everything is first come, first serve.
• played-by choices should contain realistic standards and be 18+ years of age. we ask that you observe the culture and personality of your character and the world it came from. like lineart, “the five year rule for pbs apply to the au character, meaning your character cannot be more than 5 years younger or older than the pb's actual age.”
• please do not pick any characters from the same series that would overlap in an interpersonal way.
• most canon characters will be accepted unless they fall into the exception rule, which is:- no characters from a television series, book/comic (dc and/or marvel) or movie.• the only npcs so far are: albert wesker (resident evil series), bowser (mario series), ganondorf (legend of zelda series), and sephiroth (final fantasy vii).
- no actual celebrities and athletes from sports games (ie: fifa, nba 2k, madden, etc.)
- no pokémon characters will be allowed.
- no strictly animal characters will be allowed (ie: angelo from "final fantasy viii"). however, anthromorphic creatures like sonic the hedgehog, donkey kong, crash bandicoot, etc. will be accepted.
- no characters that have complete or a highly excessive customization options (ie: generally protags for fable, fallout, mass effect, terra, world of Warcraft, etc.)
• we will allow played-by changes to occur once you have been accepted into the game, but will be limiting this to only three changes at the very most. this does include reverting to a previously used face. remember that we reserve the right to reject any changes after you have reached the limit.
• we do reserve the right to reject certain characters should we feel as if they do not fit in well within the setting and/or the dynamics of the community. if you have any questions as to whether or not your character is appropriate for the comm, please feel free to leave us a comment in the dropbox and we’ll try to reply asap. however, we do reserve the right not to respond to inquiries about why characters and an applicated was rejected.
journals:• before applying, please make sure your friends list is clear and that you have removed previous entries from other comms/psls.
• all journals should have a backdated ic/friends only and screened ooc post.
usernames:• usernames may be in ic or ooc format, but should relate to your character in some way.
• usernames should not contain excessive letters, any numbers and/or underscores.
requirements:• examples should consist of two narratives and two scenes.
• We require either a biography (4 paragraphs at the very least) or 8 highly detailed facts.
• writers must share some sort of resemblance of their canon character in their au character’s biography or facts. it’s up to you how obvious or subtle the reflection may be.
• once accepted into the community, each player will have approximately one week to post an introduction of their character or fall at risk for removal.
• please keep friends’ lists up to date and run them during every set of adds, or at least once a week.
• each member is expected to provide proof of activity at the end of each month, but our requirements for activity are quite simple. every writer will be responsible for 3 posts: 2 posts may be random (heavily coded things like riddles, playlists, instagram pages, or even quizzes, ffa’s, gifs, lyrics, etc., are acceptable!) and the other update should be something more substantial (either a first person narrative or scene) with a minimum of 300 words. you may thread via customs but they must be publicly viewable to mods in order to count for activity.
• participation is extremely crucial in keeping this community alive, and as such, we will be providing group activities and weekly plot points. because of this, we would really love to see scenes and threads make up most of the activity on the friend's page. each writer is encouraged to take initiative and interact with one another. we realize that while some characters may naturally gravitate towards others, especially if they share the same origin of game, please be fair and inclusive to others by not strictly interacting with only one partner or the members of the same game; branch out. we will not tolerate any clique-yness.
• activity requirements will depend on when an individual has been added. obviously we won’t remove you if you were added towards the middle of the month and haven’t updated by the end of the same month. however, an introduction is required after a week of being accepted into the comm.
extensions & hiatus'• extensions may be granted upon request, but you may only request an extension once every other month and extensions will only grant members one week to submit activity.
• if you need to request a hiatus for whatever reason, please make sure to contact the mods and let them know the amount of time you’ll need. we will generally accept anywhere from within a week to a month at most. if you need more time, please inform us of the circumstances so that we will allow an exception. We are understanding about personal issues, but try not to abuse this by barely clearing checks; it's not fair to us, it's not fair to other players.
inactivity & removals• if you have not met the update requirements and have been inactive for longer than two weeks, you will become eligible for removal. a warning will be issued first and you will be given until the next round of adds to post one out of the two update requirements. failure to do so will result in automatic removal.
• IF YOU WERE REMOVED FOR INACTIVITY, YOU ARE WELCOME TO REAPPLY, BUT PLEASE SET UP A NEW JOURNAL ENTRY POSTED PRIOR TO JOINING; MEANING IF YOU REAPPLY WITHIN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF YOUR REMOVAL, A SUBSTANTIAL UPDATE MUST BE PROVIDED ALONG WITH THE NEW APPLICATION.
• the rules here are simple and nothing out of the ordinary: please do not mix ooc with ic, be kind and respectful to one another, no god-modding, do not be clique-y, and have fun!
• writers are allowed and encouraged to have their own subplots, which may be discussed amongst themselves, but any major character developments that could have an actual impact on the plot or the group as a whole should be run by the mods first.
• much like disarrayed and lineart, all characters will be living in maui, hawaii. while they may take short trips and vacations out of the city, they will always be drawn back to maui.
What kind of game is this?This community was inspired by both disarrayed and lineart for their unique take on bringing Disney and comic book characters to life in an au universe. We plan to do the same but with video game characters instead, hoping to be part city game with adventure, drama, and everything in between. A series of villains have banded together and caused havoc – miraculously colliding various worlds together so that characters are stranded in Maui. It's up to you to decide how their story begins and where it will go from here.
Can we genderswap characters?Unfortunately, we will not be allowing genderswapping as we believe it does not fit in with our plot.
How long has my character been in Maui?That is entirely up to you, but they cannot ever leave other than taking short trips. For some reason or another, they are always drawn back to the city.
What are the current NPC's?So far, we have 4 characters as NPCs. ALBERT WESKER (RESIDENT EVIL SERIES), BOWSER (MARIO SERIES), GANONDORF (LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES), AND SEPHIROTH (FINAL FANTASY VII).
What kinds of characters are not allowed?MOST CANON CHARACTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THEY FALL INTO THE EXCEPTION RULE, WHICH IS:• NO CHARACTERS FROM A TELEVISION SERIES, BOOK/COMIC (DC AND/OR MARVEL) OR MOVIE.
•- NO ACTUAL CELEBRITIES AND ATHLETES FROM SPORTS GAMES (IE: FIFA, NBA 2K, MADDEN, ETC.)
• NO POKÉMON CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED.
• NO STRICTLY ANIMAL CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED (IE: ANGELO FROM "FINAL FANTASY VIII"). HOWEVER, ANTHROMORPHIC CREATURES LIKE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DONKEY KONG, CRASH BANDICOOT, ETC. WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• NO CHARACTERS THAT HAVE COMPLETE OR A HIGHLY EXCESSIVE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS (IE: GENERALLY PROTAGS FOR FABLE, FALLOUT, MASS EFFECT, TERRA, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, ETC.)
• please do not PICK ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE SAME SERIES THAT WOULD OVERLAP IN AN INTERPERSONAL WAY.
What if a video game character's age is ambiguous/never stated?Great question! All we ask is that you use your best judgement and run your final choice of the played-by by at least one mod for approval. The only rule we'll emphasize is that the played-by should be no younger than 18 years old.
For any additional questions, please feel free to leave us a comment in the dropbox and we will try to respond as soon as possible.